MBYC Dog Dayzz of Summer 4th of July Gathering
By Commodore Marcia Orsolini
Alex and I loved sharing our 4th of July with the best club members on Marco Island. Here are the ingredients that one needs for a successful 4th of July:
1. A great place to gather – There’s nothing better than Resident’s Beach!
2. A shelter from the sun (and wind and rain) – Get a big chickee hut, but be sure to secure it before 6 am. An extra shade canopy is a big help. (The Kernans brought theirs.) Be sure to bring red, white and blue decorations.
3. Good music, especially patriotic songs (Kate Smith’s version of “God Bless America” is a must) – John and Dianne Kernan brought their Bose speaker and music to this gathering.
4. Good food and cold drinks – We had various toppings for five different types of hot dogs from different parts of the nation as well as multitudes of yummy side dishes prepared by our great members.
5. Finally, great evening fireworks with friends and family to end the day – And if you are lucky enough to watch them on the Gulf of Mexico, you’re lucky enough!
We want to thank the following members for coming early to help secure the chickee hut and provide assistance in the setup: John and Dianne Kernan, P/C Bill Horton, P/C Joe Doggett and Sharon, R/C Charlie Skillern and Paula
(click on pictures to enlarge and to save to your computer)